Friday, August 27, 2010

Back to Work

I went back to work full time today (for real, not the 13 days I went back in June), and good thing! We got a letter in the mail from our beloved insurance company (No, neither one of us has a job with health insurance benefits... yet... fingers crossed!).
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Snow,

Thank you for choosing [our annoying company]. You are a valued member and we take the responsbility and trust you've placed in us to provide you with quality healthcare coverage seriously.

[Blah, blah, blah... Therefore,] The new monthly rate for your health plan is $1,105.

[Blah, blah, blah again]

We constantly strive to provide you with the highest standard of [heart attacks and vomit-inducing rates] in everything we do for you.

Sincerely,

[someone who is making a lot of money from you]
------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, so maybe my bracketed changes were a little different from what's on the page, but I'm pretty sure that's what they meant.

ANYWAY, I hate our health care system. I love our doctors, but insurance stuff just makes me want to scream.

Also, should I get the whooping cough vaccine? Aiden will have his third dose in a few weeks.

Speaking of Aiden, here's a video of him learning to sit by himself. He's still slumpy and fairly unsteady, but he's practicing!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WHAT?! You don't have health insurance as a teacher?! WHAT?!

and YES, get the whooping cough vaccine. My friend's baby died of that this year and there have been a number of whooping cough related deaths in California

Sarah said...

Aiden is so cute! I am impressed he is able to sit up.

Unknown said...

I still vote for Kaiser...