Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Magic Kingdom

While Isaac went to Disneyworld several times growing up, I had been a Disneyland visitor (living across the country, go figure Winking smile), and this was only my second trip to Disneyworld. I don’t remember anything from the trip when I was four except wanting to dance with Minnie Mouse and running away in fear when a giant chipmunk asked me to dance, so this felt pretty new to me. The most familiar part of the park, the part that is most like Disneyland, was the Magic Kingdom.

Aiden loved the rides. He cried for a minute when he had to get off the People Mover in Tomorrowland (that was a little embarrassing…)

DSC_3973

He wanted to help spin the teacup (we took it easy).

DSC_3978

He was elated to find this car in the Dumbo waiting area.

DSC_3982DSC_3983DSC_3988DSC_3992

He was pretty fascinated by everything all the time, and he slept really well the whole trip, probably because he was so worn out from processing new scenes and experiences all day.

DSC_3996-1DSC_4002-2

I saw other people try to pull the sword, but Aiden was the only one I saw get it up. Someone laughed and said he was the chosen one. Smile

DSC_4006-3DSC_4005

What a trooper! Some days we went back to the house for his nap, and others he slept in the stroller while we went on rides like Splash Mountain that he was too short for.

DSC_4012-5DSC_4015DSC_4020-1DSC_4021-1DSC_4036-1

I love this Cars hat, but I’m not the only one. He wears it around the house sometimes now, which is unusual for him… he’s never been big on hats, but anything Cars is his love.

DSC_4074-1DSC_4076-2

All in all, I didn’t think Magic Kingdom was as good as Disneyland, but I guess Disneyworld has cool attractions spread out over four parks, whereas Disneyland has only two. I definitely love the family-friendly attitude at Disney and the super nice workers and the attention to detail so that even waiting in lines isn’t usually too boring.

No comments: