Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Warm Weather

While I understand much of the country has been going through a mighty heat wave, we have topped out at about 80, and it’s actually been very pleasant most of the time. We are blessed to live in such a lovely place. We have been enjoying the weather (and my time at home) with little day trip excursions, trips out to our pool twice a week, and plenty of fun playing together.
DSC_3511
Maggie Moo’s for a tasty treat! I loved their red velvet cake ice cream…
DSC_3519
Happy by-product of lots of running around outdoors…
DSC_3521
This Tiger Swallowtail butterfly flies around our quad all the time. We watch it every day.
DSC_3525Aiden loves his cars so much, we can barely get him out of the house without one, and he even asks for “two cars!” before bed.
DSC_3529
Anyone else loving the corn on the cob? It’s one of those symbols of summer to me, and we are enjoying it immensely. Thanks for the awesome butter-er, Brooke and Jon!
DSC_3534
Here’s our fourth of July… Normally, we have a little more planned, but when we woke up, Aiden had a fever of over a hundred, and he was miserable. We think he’s getting his two-year molars. Sad smile Poor kid.
DSC_3539-2
On other news, we are both still taking classes. I am 2/3 of the way through my masters program. I was recently asked to be English department chair and to teach the yearbook class next year, which I am really excited about. We are all doing lots of reading. Aiden has been better about sitting for books lately, depending upon his mood, but especially anything to do with cars, ha.

No comments: