Monday, February 13, 2012

23 Months Old!

I can’t believe this kid is almost two. He’s working on lots of new words… dancing, run, sky, Aiden, and various animal names. Today he very nicely and clearly said “Thank you,” which he usually just signs.

He has been doing lots of fast-feet dancing lately, which looks hilarious.

DSC_2695[1]

He loves to parrot what we say, especially when we think he isn’t listening. Yesterday I was singing “His Hands” in Sacrament Meeting, and when I looked at him, he was waving his hands in Isaac’s face and saying, “hands! hands!” It was so funny, I started laughing. Oops.

He is getting better at social cues, saying hi and bye where expected, although he still sometimes says “bye” to people he doesn’t know very well once they are already gone. He is shy around people he doesn’t  know and sometimes hides his face with his hands, peering out between his fingers.

DSC_2732[1]

He sings along with me a little bit at home (Popcorn Popping, Jesus Made the Giraffe, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes), but he won’t sing anywhere else. I was given an additional calling as Nursery leader last week, so I see first-hand how he runs in circles during Singing Time while all the little girls are singing. (sigh)

DSC_2749[1]

He gets jealous if he feels we’re giving more attention to each other or the dog than to him, and pushes people out of the way and says “Mine!” Isn’t that a two-year-old word? Yikes.

DSC_2735[1]

He LOVES his little animal toys and rotates which one he wants to carry around all day.. the goat, ocelot, penguins, puppy, etc. He likes to growl like a tiger. I think it’s awesome since he was born in the year of the tiger.

He is getting much better at sitting nicely for story time, which I love. Reading books with him is tons of fun, especially when he points to and talks about what he sees.

DSC_2715[1]

Aiden and Xochitl, who is five weeks younger. They are the young ones in Nursery now.

DSC_2743[1]

1 comment:

kevin711 said...

He's really growing up. I have to hear him sing "Jesus made the Giraffe" - I've never heard that before!