Sunday, March 13, 2011

First Birthday Party!

We had Aiden’s first birthday party today. We invited just a few friends and family members because our condo is pretty small, and I think we were about at our maximum capacity! It was fun to eat and talk and watch the kids play on the floor. We especially loved watching Aiden go after his cupcake. That is, we enjoyed watching him go after his cupcake AFTER I told Isaac to blow out the candle. I am glad that you can not hear me begging Isaac to blow out the candle, but you can kind of hear my grandma saying how different Aiden is from when I was one and didn't want to even touch it. Isaac made the rookie father mistake of putting FIRE right in front of a baby’s face. (??????????) Luckily, all is well. Enjoy the footage.

He got frustrated about the frosting being stuck on his hands, and he got a little fussy, but he calmed down and continued to demolish the cupcake. After about five minutes, he finally figured out it was tasty, and then he ate a lot of it, actually.

Here’s the new skill we’ve been working on… Aiden, how old are you going to be on Sunday?

Mar12_032-8

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

SO cute. Happy birthday, Aiden! :)

esmiley said...

What a great picture! And I'm glad Isaac didn't wait any longer to blow out that candle!!!