Monday, August 31, 2009

School Starts Wednesday...

This summer, my room was worked on. I had to pack everything up in boxes and shove it in the corners of the room where they would NOT be tearing down and retrofitting my walls. It took a long time. Putting everything back together is infinitely worse. and dirtier.

The upside is that my room now has more wall and less window, and we are now much less likely to crumble in the event of a serious earthquake. The downside is that my furniture has sticky label-yuck all over it, everything is in the wrong place (and I have to figure out how to rearrange it to fit 38 kids in a class and not look completely squished), there is dust all over because after custodial cleaned, electricians came in to install and new (and migraine-causingly-loud) fire alarm, which got everything dirty again, and I feel completely overwhelmed trying to get it ready for the first day of school and Back to School Night--the same day.


Now I have about 36 hours to turn THIS...


... into a functional classroom. You can't even see all the new blank wall or the furniture which custodial wrapped in saran wrap for me.

Good thing Isaac doesn't work tomorrow... I love you, honey. :)

No comments: