Sunday, November 16, 2014

Thirty

I entered the ranks of the thirty-somethings this week. Being thirty doesn’t make me feel as old as owning a home, working full-time, and having two kids, so I guess now I’m as old as feel.

Isaac says it’s my mid-life crisis, not wanting to be forgotten when I die, but anyway, I wanted to make my birthday count this year, so we squeezed in a few acts of service. I donated my hair…

DSC_1664

The very talented Mandy in our ward cut off about ten inches.

DSC_1661DSC_1667crop

We went to the beach to do a clean-up. Sad for me, but happy in general, the beach wasn’t that dirty. Here I am, excited to have found a “treasure trove” of about five cigarette butts.

DSC_1671

Mostly we just found tiny pieces of paper/plastic/cardboard, cigarette butts, bottle caps… and 7.5 dead birds.

DSC_1675

Then we just enjoyed some time at the beach. It was a gorgeous day, overcast and about 60 degrees, not too windy…

DSC_1684DSC_1701DSC_1712DSC_1718DSC_1727

We ate at Claim Jumper for dinner and had cheesecake for dessert, and it was a wonderful day off with family and friends. Smile

DSC_1737

Thanks to everyone who humored me!

No comments: