Saturday, May 10, 2014

Is it summer yet?

There are still 23 days of school. I don’t think I have ever felt so much like the year is dragging. I don’t know if it’s the very summer-like weather we’ve been having lately or the very late Spring Break that made the months before that feel even longer than normal or that I have Landon at home, delightfully keeping me from being productive most of the time… but summer can’t come soon enough.  Oh well.

We went to the Disney store today for their swimwear sale so we could get a new suit for Aiden, and the place was packed with parents waiting in line to get items from the new Frozen shipment that apparently came in this morning. Parents were even waiting in line to get raffle tickets for the drawing to see who could buy one of the few Elsa or Anna dresses. The only thing left from the Frozen shipment was Olaf… and Isaac can’t pass up a great SNOWman, so we picked it up along with Aiden’s new swim gear since we were there.

DSC_9663

Today was a lovely 67 degrees, but the temperature is estimated to jump 7-9 degrees a day and be in the nineties next week… so we’re prepared. My mom brought over an inflatable pool, and we got it all set up. Aiden loves it already, and when it’s hotter later this week, I’m sure he’ll be even more pleased.

DSC_9690

Landon can’t get enough food. We have been trying new purees, the latest of which was green beans. I thought for sure I’d get an “icky face” on that one, but he just raised his eyebrows a little in a “oh, this is new” way, and kept clamoring for more until I cut him off. I’m only giving him solids once a day right now, but if he could talk, he’d probably ask for more food all the time.

DSC_9699

How many snowmen do you see? Winking smile

DSC_9674

2 comments:

Mandy B. said...

Cute post. And I see THREE! ;)

That is a pretty awesome pool that mom got. I'm glad Aiden's loving it and I think I would love it too in 90 degree weather. hahaha.

I like Aiden wearing his sunglasses inside, too. Funny boy.

Cathy said...

The day before you wrote this was Teresa's last day of high school - May 9th. Hard to believe you had 23 days left.

I love seeing the pics of the kids. Wish we were closer.