Saturday, August 24, 2013

Final Getaway

I headed back to work for professional development days this Wednesday, so we took a long weekend to Tahoe before I had to go back. Mandy and Bryant came out from Utah, and the whole family was able to be there for a few days.

Did you know soda cans could explode like this? One of Sean & Renata’s cans exploded during the winter. Beware very cold soda cans…

DSC_6520DSC_6523DSC_6535DSC_6549DSC_6551DSC_6558DSC_6567DSC_6570DSC_6582DSC_6593DSC_6605

We enjoyed time at the lake, did a little hike, ate lots of good food, rode the Tahoe Queen paddle wheel, and took family pictures.

DSC_6623DSC_6628DSC_6630DSC_6637

DSC_6641DSC_6650DSC_6642DSC_6647DSC_6648DSC_6653DSC_6664DSC_6668DSC_6671FamPic

It was a wonderful trip, and it was so nice to have everyone together in such a beautiful place. My grandpa Chase always called Tahoe “God’s Country” because it is so peaceful and gorgeous. Being up there makes me miss bird watching with him as a kid, but I look forward to making new memories there with our own kids. Aiden definitely had a great time. Now it’s back to school!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

What a great post! I especially like the pics of Aiden playing in the water. Did you do the family photo, Becca?

sunnysnows said...

Thanks! He had a blast. Mandy and I each shot pictures of the family minus ourselves, and then I merged the best of the family in together... so technically, we both took it. :)

Mandy B. said...

I'm sad we missed the trip to the beach- Aiden looks like he was having tons of fun. :)

Poor dad- being dragged around by Aiden on the paddle boat. hahaha. Also- I do not look very cute in the picture on the paddle boat... :/ oh well.

Thank you for the work you put into our new family photo. It is just perfect. :)