Friday, June 28, 2013

Aiden-isms

I have decided that three is a funny age. Much of the time, I am impressed with how independent Aiden is, insisting on dressing himself and getting milk from the fridge. He is funny and asks thoughtful questions. The other part of the time, it’s more like “Don’t do that!” and I can’t figure out where on earth he came up with some of his crazy ideas.

Exhibit 1: Just after I put Aiden into bed a few nights ago, there was a loud crash and crying from his room. I ran in and immediately saw the hugest bump I think he has ever had in his life. He was trying to see the neighbor’s dog out the window, so he climbed up on the small ledge of the bed frame. He calmed down very quickly and was quite a trooper, but I couldn’t help wondering why he seemed more upset about his blanket falling on the ground when he toppled than about his head hitting the window ledge.

DSC_5796[1]

Here are some other incidents with Aiden lately that made us laugh

Unpacking boxes, Aiden found his Easter basket. He exclaimed, “Mine basket!” and after a minute of thoughtful consideration, “Where my candy is?”

Aiden is quite attached to my dad. The other day, he noticed that my dad had gone to the bathroom right next to the door to the garage. He waited patiently for Dad to return. A few minutes later, Dad remembered something he needed to get from the garage. Aiden didn’t see where he went but noticed he was gone a second time and in a very exasperated voice said, “Papa go poop AGAIN?!”

Speaking of being attached to my dad... Dad picked him up and tickled him the other day. Aiden asked him why he was holding and tickling him, and Dad responded, “because you are all mine!” Aiden looked alarmed and said, “No, I’m Mommy’s!”

Any time we call him a funny name like monkey or monster or baby, he reminds us “No! I am a boy!”

When we were driving to the store, Aiden said out of nowhere, “The raccoons are freaking me out!” I still have no idea where this came from.

Aiden and I were sitting and looking at books, and when Aiden got up to leave the room, he said “bye, Mommy! I’m going to work now!”

1 comment:

Sarah said...

He sounds so incredibly cute! I can't wait until I get to see him again. I am slightly concerned he is freaked out by the raccoons. That seems a weird thing to say.