Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mothers’ Day Belated

Since it’s Memorial Day, I guess I’m pretty behind on this one, but better late than never. My boys made me breakfast on Mothers’ Day, we had a lovely day at church, Danielle led the Nursery kids in an adorable craft that says “Dear Mother, all flowers remind me of you,” I took a nap, and Isaac, Dad & Patrick made us dinner.

DSC_5662-1

DSC_5671-1

In other news, there are still 17 days of school, and it feels like forever. We almost always start after Labor Day, which is nice in some ways, but this year it caused us to end on June 19, which feels SO LATE.

My dad was released from his second stint as bishop today. He is looking forward to “retirement.”

Aiden makes us laugh all the time with the things he comes up with. For instance, he is convinced that there are monsters in his room that Sophie eats, so he prefers to have Sophie go to sleep at the same time he does. Today he found his Nursery handout from Easter and started telling the Easter story all on his own. A few days ago, he handed me the phone and told me to call Auntie Mandy. When Isaac was helping him pick up papers to throw away, Isaac asked him what he should say to Daddy for helping him, and Aiden replied “throw those away too” about the papers still on the table. He’s kind of a nut.

Stay tuned for another exciting house update soon! For now, here are the ceiling fans and some flooring Isaac installed.

DSC_5675

4 comments:

Brooke said...

1. The flooring looks GREAT!
2. Jon wants to know what kind of monsters Sophie eats. :)

Kayla said...

I'm catching up in the blogging world today. The house is looking great! Congratulations! My Mom told me that your Dad got released. I'm sure that's a huge relief for him. What a trooper to be Bishop twice.

Mandy B. said...

Aiden is indeed a nut. What a cutie. Someday he can call me on the phone all on his own. ;) Hopefully by then he'll still want to. hahaha.

Those ceiling fans look gorgeous and the flooring looks superb! It's looking wonderful and I'm excited (probably not as much as you, though) for when you'll get to move stuff in!

Unknown said...

Beautiful floor! Makes all the difference in the room! When's dinner? :)