Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Same old, same old

I almost can't believe it's been a month since we blogged... Then again, it's not like our every day is a bundle of wonder, lol. In the last month, we've done a few things mixed in with the working, looking for work, and other normal stuff.

We went to an A's game and sat with the BYU Alumni. The A's won.


We went to a birthday party for Danielle. Her kids are still as adorable as she is.


Last weekend, we went to a scavenger hunt hosted by anonymous members of the ward. I didn't figure out one until we got there that night, and I didn't figure out the other one until someone basically told me at the end, lol. They were very sneaky, and incredibly creative. It was so fun.


I still love my classes for the most part. Mom says this time last year, she was worried that I wouldn't last the year because it was such a hard year already, but I am enjoying this group of kids. They are FUNNY, and they understand sarcasm, and when I ask them to discuss, they actually do it. It's cool. :) Plus, I actually really like the sixth class I picked up. It's nice to have a period to really be able to test the newcomers and get them to talk, even if it's just simple things like "Today is Wednesday. Nhi is wearing a purple shirt." At least they're speaking English, which is what I'm supposed to get them to do, lol.

Isaac has another test with OPD this Saturday... we'll see how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed for the best because he would really like to leave Elephant Bar and start Academy someday. :)

Also, we are getting ready to move Grandma into a retirement place in Fremont at the end of the month. I'm so happy. It will be a relief to know that she is not on her own doing who knows what. Her memory has gotten horrible. Plus, it will be nice to have her so close that I can stop by to see her on the way home from work if I want to.

Okay, and I just took a break to clean up my dog's puke. Could you also keep your fingers crossed for my carpet? :( She developed (yesterday) a taste for the tomatoes growing in my parents backyard... BAD for doggies. Yesterday she was okay, but today she ate more tomato, and this apparently didn't set well. I hope that cleaned her out and she isn't sick so I have to take her to the vet. Poor dumb dog. :(

2 comments:

Kayla said...

I wish I could have been there for the party too! I had fun hearing about my mom planning it and all the clues. She read them all to me to see if I could figure them out. Some I could, but some...well, it's been 7 years since I've lived there, so my memory is a little hazy.

I hope your dog feels better today!

Unknown said...

what's OPD?
glad you're liking school! I'm just trying to get through it!